Social Network Marketing On Twitter: How To Get Started
It's great if you are ready to start doing Social Network Marketing on
Twitter. Just like any marketing strategy you embark on, there are right
ways to go about it and wrong.
To make sure that you get your social marketing plan off to a good start, follow these simple rules and etiquette tips.
Questions To Think About Before Creating An Account
- From what angle you will be writing your tweets?
Will your tweets be directly from you, several of your employees, or
the company as a whole?
- What type of crowd are you looking to attract to
your account? Will it be potential clients, current clients, and/or
- Who will be controlling the account? Will they
be able to monitor the account regularly to receive the full benefits
from Twitter marketing and networking?
- What topic will the account focus on and the
tweets be about? Will you be tweeting about company coupons, industry
news and updates, company events, etc.?
- Pick a unique username that describes and/or brands your business.
It could include your business name or what you will be tweeting about.
For example, @yoursmallbizpro is my business username and basically it
lets you know that it is something about small businesses. My other
account @thedesigner4you is about graphic design and small business
- Customize your page to attract followers.
Add a photo and unique background that reflects your business. Most
people are turned off by accounts that have no customization but claim
to be a viable business. Because you are communicating online, you must
convince other tweeters that you are not a fly-by-night business.
- Write a short and concise description.
You can talk about: What you do, your specialties, something unique
about your business, the subject of your tweets, or your purpose is on
Twitter. In social network marketing, this is like your selling line.
- Join Twibes. You can go to Twibes.com and join Twibes and lists under various categories. I recommend doing this because (1) It is a way to get listed so as to add clout to your account and, (2) it helps you find tweeters of interest to you because they are categorized.